Candace has a Speaker for Your Women's Event!

Hi Friends!
I have recently started working for a ministry that I truly believe in! Linda Anderson, who is the author of the Lifeway Curriculum, Mom to Mom is also a gifted speaker. If you are looking for something for a Women's Event or a Mom's Group, take my advice and check out Linda!
www.candace@lindaanderson.org for more info....
and visit the BLOG! www.lindaandersonministries.blogspot.com

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Some People Just Go Over the Top... and I am so glad!




You know, some people just have a clue. One of those people is my friend from Austin, Brandi Capps. She did something so cool for a bunch of minister's wives recently...




One day, I received an email stating that I was invited to go to Aspen, CO, to stay at a resort to celebrate another friend's birthday. Hotel and Flight covered.




I obviously had to read that again....




Free? Someone would share that much with 3 other people? Well, Brandi made a trip of a lifetime happen.




In late September, I got on a plane to beautiful Aspen, CO. I felt so special. It has been a lonely 10 months since I have left Austin (coolest city in the US) to move to Sarasota. The thought of getting on a plane to meet up with some of the greatest women in the world was a welcome thought. The fact that everyone (except Brandi) is a minister's wife was the icing on the cake. We all served together at Hyde Park, so it is so nice to be with those that know what it's like to be the wife of a church staff member.




We walked, visited in front of the fire place, read, shopped, ate, visited the spa and relaxed for 5 days. It was wonderful. What a gift! Thanks, Brandi for such a great time. I will never forget it.




Happy _ _ Birthday, Selena!

No comments: