Candace has a Speaker for Your Women's Event!

Hi Friends!
I have recently started working for a ministry that I truly believe in! Linda Anderson, who is the author of the Lifeway Curriculum, Mom to Mom is also a gifted speaker. If you are looking for something for a Women's Event or a Mom's Group, take my advice and check out Linda!
www.candace@lindaanderson.org for more info....
and visit the BLOG! www.lindaandersonministries.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Old Friends are Best...



Last week Hadley and I had a real treat. My beloved neighbors from Texas were in town for a work convention at DisneyWorld, so Hadley and I headed to Orlando to meet up and have fun.

And we did. To tell you the truth, I didn't know if she would really remember them. Was I surprised. Granted, we have pictures of these precious girls up at our house, but still, would she be shy and unsure?

Nope! They ran into each other's arms in the hotel lobby. I about did that to their mother, Colleen, I had missed her so much, but I refrained. I know she's glad about that..

We had a great day. It was like we hadn't missed a beat. We had been next door neighbors. I was spoiled. The girls are precious, Colleen and Derrick are very cool and what's more, they really loved Hadley. Well, Chad and I adored their girls too. We had great times hanging out on Colleen's driveway, watching the kids play, while we discussed the deeper issues of life, such as electrolisis.

I remember sitting on Colleen's couch crying that we were moving. Lots of those emotions stemmed from the fact that we were moving from our home, next to them. She surprised me when she said that they were also moving. And they did, a couple of months after we were gone. They live in Arizona and now we live in Florida.

I am glad we stay in touch. Colleen also knows alot about the issues we will face with Shepherd. I really do count on her advise and opinion.

All this to say - "It was great to see you all!" I really miss our "Driveway Days". God was so good to put us next to this wonderful family for 2 years. I hope when our girls are turning 18, we will still be seeing them from time to time.

1 comment:

Amy Maze said...

I tagged you on my blog. You don't have to do it but it's kinda fun.

Hope you're having a great week. Love all of the pic's of hadley's birthday!!
amy