Candace has a Speaker for Your Women's Event!

Hi Friends!
I have recently started working for a ministry that I truly believe in! Linda Anderson, who is the author of the Lifeway Curriculum, Mom to Mom is also a gifted speaker. If you are looking for something for a Women's Event or a Mom's Group, take my advice and check out Linda!
www.candace@lindaanderson.org for more info....
and visit the BLOG! www.lindaandersonministries.blogspot.com

Friday, April 4, 2008

Warning: This Post might make you sick to your stomach.

It made my stomach hurt all day!

On Wednesday I read an email that rattled me pretty much all day.

A friend of mine from my beloved Austin had sent me a package, wondering if I had gotten it. It was a CD with pictures on it from a trip we had taken earlier in the year. She had included the CD, a note and 2 bracelets for Hadley to play with. Oh, yeah, one more thing was in there...

Diamond Earrings

Yes, you read right, diamond earrings.

I didn't see them.

They are now probably sitting in some landfill when they could be on my ears, twinkling. I could see myself at exclusive parties wearing "a little black dress", beaming a perfect veneer, Zoom whitened smile at everyone as they remarked "what beautiful earrings you have ". I would be the envy of the evening.

Instead I eat tomato soup out of a can and wonder how I am going to reply to the email that just informed me I had thrown away perfectly good, twinkly diamond earrings.

I worried all day that she might be mad. I wondered how I could be so lame. I even recreated the scene by getting the same kind of envelope and putting the CD, bracelets and note back in there. I racked my brain to figure out now it could have happened. I called the Post Office to see if it was insured. He told me it wasn't if I hadn't had to sign for it. I told him I knew that but asked him just to listen at how bad the situation was.

He agreed, it was indeed bad.

Of course my friend called me and blew it off. She really did. I cannot get over her generosity. It's not everyday you get a surprise like that! If anyone sends me so much as a postcard, I will rip it to shreds to make sure nothing sparkly is in there.

I could not believe that she sent me those earrings. I was truly touched. I love generosity, it makes everyone happy.

I bet that is one happy, happy landfill.

love
plain-eared Candace

2 comments:

Selenap said...

I talked to the girl's jealous husband and he is "glad they ended up in the trash where they belong!" (They were a gift from a long ago ex-boyfriend) Hope that makes you feel better!

Martha Lawley said...

Candace - You are an adventure waiting to happen! What a great story - I love your blog. Hadley is growing up so fast and such a doll. I hope and pray that your trip to China goes well.

Stay in Touch!
Martha